Most disasters are unexpected, and many can have severe impacts on your business’s ability to continue to operate. To ensure your business stays open after a disaster, you’ll need to prepare. That way you can be sure you’re doing everything you can to protect yourself, your staff, your customers and your business.
Here are some key things you can do to ensure your business is prepared for any disaster that might come your way:
- Check your insurance policy will adequately cover your business in the event of a disaster.
- Have enough stock and equipment on hand to supply your customers if distribution networks are disrupted.
- Have an emergency contact list including numbers for staff and local emergency services.
- Prepare your staff by making and practicing an action plan of what you can do before, during and after a disaster.
- Create a business continuity plan: logan.qld.gov.au/ disasters-and-emergencies/ prepare-business.
- Get free business advice from the Logan Office of Economic Development: email@example.com.
- Establish like-for-like help arrangements with local businesses you find through groups like the Think Local, Buy Logan Facebook group.
- Protect your critical information by packing key financial, legal and ID documents in a portable waterproof container and backing up your data.
For more information on how to prepare your business, visit logan.qld.gov.au/prepareyourbusiness.