The City of Logan has a growing health and aged care industry and is expected to grow to accommodate the City’s rapidly increasing population. Healthcare and social assistance is one of the largest industries by employment in the City of Logan (17,000 jobs NIEIR 2021).
The city is well serviced by skilled staff, with over 15,000 residents employed by the health and medical sector (ABS 2016).
Health & Medical Investments
Loganlea Road, Meadowbrook
Logan Hospital’s $460 million expansion will deliver an additional 206 beds and treatment spaces as well as upgraded services across the hospital.
18 Nestor Drive, Meadowbrook
The property is the proposed site of a multi-faceted healthcare precinct with development plans including a new private hospital, medical centre, medical office space, aged care facility, and health education service.
12-16 Logandowns Drive, Meadowbrook
Anchored by UQ Health Care, the new build Southwest Medical Precinct is a multi-level facility comprising over 2,000m² of retail, medical and office space. The centre will be suitable for medical and allied health operators, health professionals and specialists, commercial office users and associated retailers.
10-12 Nestor Drive, Meadowbrook
Meadowbrook Specialist Health Centre features up to 6,000m² of state-of-the-art medical consulting rooms and procedural facilities designed to service the growth in demand for specialist health services in Logan and the surrounding area.
4 Paxton Street, Springwood
Subject to DA approval and final design. Per listing: Medical spaces available from 60m² – 3492m²
Contact us to learn more about investment opportunities in Meadowbrook and the City of Logan.
Business case for Health and Medical Investment in the City of Logan
Logan City Council commissioned research to identify the health and medical development and investment opportunities in the Logan Local Government Area. Based on evidence driven data, the research completed provides an understanding of the current and future health demand to identify gaps (existing and future) and explores main investment drivers.
Key localities for investment in health care services, including a private hospital or day hospital, include –
- Meadowbrook – Logan’s health, knowledge and wellbeing precinct, centred on the Logan Hospital, Griffith University Logan campus and TAFE Queensland Loganlea campus, with multiple sites identified for hospital and health care services.
- Opportunities are developing in key growth areas, including Yarrabilba and Flagstone.
Other key centres across the city for integrated healthcare services.
Investment in a range of healthcare facilities in the City of Logan represents a viable opportunity, due to –
- On-going significant shortage in acute hospital care, despite the expansion of the Logan Hospital.
- Significant flow of existing patients from Logan to nearby hospitals outside of Logan, representing existing demand which can be captured.
- Demographic characteristics and socio-economic factors indicate potential for a private hospital.
- Significant gaps in specialist outpatient care and medical imaging services.
- Targeted gaps in allied health services.
Access the Business Case for Health & Medical Investment
For a free copy of the business case, developed by Logan City Council. Please complete your details below. A pdf will then be emailed to you.
Logan City Council has identified the following opportunities for investment in health and medical services in the City –
- Private Hospital 50 to 150 Beds
- Day Hospital up to 35 beds
- Specialist medical suites
- Specialist outpatient care
- Integrated care centres with co-located general practice specialist care, imaging, allied health and related, services with or without an after-hours urgent care service
- Stand-alone medical imaging and radiology centres
Below are some links in regards to all the public investment and development coming into Meadowbrook which has been identified as a health hub. This includes information about the Loganlea train station relocation –
- Logan Hospital Expansion Project – The Queensland Government is investing $460 million on the Logan Hospital Expansion
- Hospital Expansion information
- New Medical Ward
- The new Logan Maternity
- Mental Health Decision Unit
- Hospital Expansion and Refurbishment
- Multi-Level Car Park
- Loganlea Station Relocation