The top five sectors are manufacturing, rental, hiring and real estate services, construction, retail and wholesale trade which contribute just over 50% of the city’s economic output.
Emerging industries include transport/freight and logistics, food manufacturing and processing, advanced manufacturing, health care, education and training. Logan City Council is working with these industries to help the economy grow even further.
- Gross Regional Product $11.768 billion (NIEIR, 2018)
- Population 326,615 (ABS, 2017)
- Businesses 21,126 (ABS)
- Jobs 115,575 (NIEIR, 2018)
- Median age 34 (ABS, 2016 Census)
Economic Analysis Report - City of Logan, Queensland. The following quarterly economic snapshots include the most recent economic statistics, labour market and unemployment data, development activity, a summary of business conditions and more.
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: January 2019 (PDF 702 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: June 2018 Issue (PDF 442 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: April - September 2017 (PDF 340 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: January - March 2017 (PDF 209 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: December 2016 (PDF 431 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: July - September 2016 (PDF 208 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: April - June 2016 (PDF 404 KB)
Economic Development Strategy - Logan City Council adopted a five year Economic Development Strategy in September 2016. The strategy sets the direction and framework to strengthen and grow the economic base of the City of Logan over the five year period.
For more information on the City of Logan’s demography or economy, please refer to the online resources listed below or contact our office.
Phone: +61 7 3412 4888
Logan Office of Economic Development
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central QLD 4114