The top five sectors are manufacturing, rental, hiring and real estate services, construction, retail and wholesale trade which contribute just over 50% of the city’s economic output.
Emerging industries include transport/freight and logistics, food manufacturing and processing, advanced manufacturing, health care, education and training. Logan City Council is working with these industries to help the economy grow even further.
- Gross Regional Product $13.487 billion
- Population 319,652 (ABS, 2017)
- Businesses 21,126 (ABS)
- Jobs 89,093 (Census 2016)
- Median age 34
The total output estimate for the City of Logan is $26.018 billion for 2016/7, of which the Construction sector contributes $5.449 billion (20.9%); the Manufacturing sector contributes $4.052 billion (15.6%); and the Rental, Hiring & Real Estate Services sector contributes $3.592 billion (13.8%).
Note: Output data represents the gross revenue generated by businesses/organisations in each of the industry sectors in the City of Logan. Gross revenue is also referred to as total sales or total income.
Economic Analysis Report - City of Logan, Queensland. The following quarterly economic snapshots include the most recent economic statistics, labour market and unemployment data, development activity, a summary of business conditions and more.
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: January 2019 (PDF 702 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: June 2018 Issue (PDF 442 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: April - September 2017 (PDF 340 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: January - March 2017 (PDF 209 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: December 2016 (PDF 431 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: July - September 2016 (PDF 208 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: April - June 2016 (PDF 404 KB)
Economic Development Strategy - Logan City Council adopted a five year Economic Development Strategy in September 2016. The strategy sets the direction and framework to strengthen and grow the economic base of the City of Logan over the five year period.
For more information on the City of Logan’s demography or economy, please refer to the online resources listed below or contact our office.
Phone: +61 7 3412 4888
Logan Office of Economic Development
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central QLD 4114