Logan City Council is committed to supporting you on your business journey, through the Logan Office of Economic Development (LOED).
LOED works closely with the private sector including financial institutions, equity and venture capital firms, accounting and legal firms, commercial real estate agents, commercial property developers, industry organisations and relevant government departments at national, state and local levels.
The team has developed an extensive network in various industries and supply chains and prides itself on developing, maintaining and sharing, where applicable, this information for the benefit of its clients.
Our team is happy to provide access and introductions to our network and industry partnerships.
Support and information to help your business grow.
Logan Office of Economic Development’s business support service provides free and low cost business support services for Logan-based business owners needing assistance to establish, sustain and grow their businesses.
Our services include the following:-
- One-on-one meetings/consultations
- Business information
- Business assistance and referrals
- Business workshops
- Monthly business e-newsletters
- Linking your business to local opportunities
- Assistance with Council requirements
- Property selection
- Relocation, expansion and redevelopment support
- Export assistance
- Assistance finding local staff
For more details view the Business Support Services brochure.
Support for small business and startups
The most common questions people have when considering starting their own business include:-
- What’s involved in starting your own business?
- Do I need a business plan?
- What would be the best business structure?
- How do I register an Australian Business Number?
- What other resources are available?
- How do I sell my products or services?
- Who can help?
Make an appointment to come in and talk to a trusted small business adviser who will listen to your business ideas and offer sound, practical advice on how to get started. You will also be coached through the next steps, what you want to achieve, your long term vision, and plan for your business success. All of our business sessions are confidential.
Workshops and Courses
Logan Office of Economic Development partners with a range of organisations to provide and promote relevant business workshops for Logan based businesses. Most of these workshops are free or low-cost, and cover subjects including:
- Business development
- Workforce development
- Essentials of starting a business
- Tax essentials
To view upcoming workshops, visit the events page.