Is the defence industry for you?
Defence Business 101 will give you an introduction to working in the defence sector and explain what you need to know in order to access defence supply chains.
The Queensland Government through Defence Jobs Queensland, extend this exclusive invitation to key people within your business to help them understand defence procurement and what is required to access defence supply chain opportunities.
You will learn:
- How the defence sector works
- What the difference between capability and non-material procurement means for suppliers
- How key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do
- How to engage with prime contractors and Defence
- Where you can go to develop your business’ capabilities to work in defence
- How to decide if the defence industry is for you.
Presented by Mick Fairweather – AM RFD
Mick has extensive experience in commercial operations, importing, marketing, business management and leadership in the public and private sector. Mick is a small business owner operator, retired senior Army Reserve Officer, an experienced business executive, an excellent facilitator and an active Company Director.