The top five sectors are manufacturing, rental, hiring and real estate services, construction, retail and wholesale trade which contribute approximately 64% of the city’s economic output.
Emerging industries include transport and logistics, food manufacturing and processing, advanced manufacturing, health care, education and training. Logan City Council is working with these industries to help the economy grow even further.
Gross Regional Product $11.243 billion
Young city - median age 34
The total output estimate for the City of Logan is $21.789 billion for 2015, of which the Manufacturing sector contributes $5.353 billion (24.6%); the Rental, Hiring & Real Estate Services sector contributes $3.101 billion (14.2%); and the Construction industry contributes $2.888 (13.3%).
Note: Output data represents the gross revenue generated by businesses/organisations in each of the industry sectors in the City of Logan. Gross revenue is also referred to as total sales or total income.
Quarterly Economic Report - City of Logan, Queensland. The following quarterly economic snapshots include the most recent economic statistics, labour market and unemployment data, development activity, a summary of business conditions and more.
- City of Logan, Queensland - Bi-annual Economic Report: April - September 2017 (PDF 340 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: January - March 2017 (PDF 209 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: December 2016 (PDF 431 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: July - September 2016 (PDF 208 KB)
- City of Logan, Queensland - Quarterly Economic Report: April - June 2016 (PDF 404 KB)
Economic Development Strategy - Logan City Council adopted a five year Economic Development Strategy in September 2016. The strategy sets the direction and framework to strengthen and grow the economic base of the City of Logan over the five year period.
For more information on the City of Logan’s demography or economy, please refer to the online resources listed below or contact our office.
Phone: +61 7 3412 4888
Logan Office of Economic Development
150 Wembley Road
Logan Central QLD 4114